Low Carb Bread Crumbs
Make these versatile, delicious breadcrumbs to be used as a coating for your fried foods, meatloaves, meatballs, etc.
Yield: 1.5 Pounds
- Bread Knife
- Grater, box grater, or stand mixer/food processor with grater attachment
- Sheet Pan
- 1 loaf Sunrise Wheat Low Carb Bread prepared
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
Prepping your bread
- Preheat oven to 200° F
- Slice prepared bread loaf into manageable pieces. If using a stand mixer or food processor to grate, make sure to cut your pieces small enough to fit the feeder. If using a box or standard hand grater, cut into sizes that fit the width of your grater.1 loaf Sunrise Wheat Low Carb Bread
- Place sliced pieced of bread on a dry sheet pan and try to avoid letting them touch so the airflow flows freely around each piece of bread.
- Bake at 200°F for 2-3 hours depending on the size of your bread pieces. You are looking for a light, completely dry bread.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature. If you are uncertain if your bread is dry enough, feel free to leave it out at room temperature for several hours and up to 24 hours.
Grating your bread
- Feed each slice into your grater or, using a box or hand grater, begin grating all bread into a large zip lock baggie.
- Once all the bread is grated, add parsley, zip up the baggie and shake well to combine.
This bread can be used to make fried chicken, onion rings, breaded chicken strips, meatloaves, meatballs, casserole topping for added crunch, etc. We especially enjoy our breaded and fried zucchini strips.